Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lookin' back at week 2!

WooooW!!!!

I've been here just a little over 2 weeks... it doesn't even seem like it!

Thursday was Noche de Chicas! or ladies night. We all went to eat Churros con chocolate and then went to the Cetas to watch the sunset. (Pictures on my facebook) From the cetas you can really see the whole city. It was really cool to bond some more with the group as well as just reflect on the past week and take in all of the beauty.

Friday the whole group went to Cordaba, a city about a two hour bus ride away. During that bus ride I found out something new about myself... I am now a victim of motion sickness haha... so again, I slept the whole drive and didn't get to see the countryside, but at least I didn't throw up ha. In Cordaba there is a mosque, that is now turned into a cathedral (also pictures on facebook). SOOOOoooooo pretty. We then went to a Jewish synagog. By this time my brain was very tired of trying to translate that I didn't really pay attention but it was really interesting to look at everything. We then had some free time so a group of girls and I navigated to a plaza and ate our packed lunches and took in the beauty of the city. We got back on the bus and I slept my way home.

After we got back from the trip, Alyssa and I came home and relaxed for a bit and then ate dinner with Isabel. Afterwards we went and hung out with a couple of girls from Michigan. As weird as it sounds its nice to hang out with them because it somewhat feels like home haha. Gotta love the mid-west! Then it was sleepy time after we got done hanging out with them. It's been really nice to build some new relationships. It was something that I had been pretty anxious about before coming here.

Saturday we slept in a little bit and then met some friends and toured the cathedral in Sevilla. There is a really tall bell tower that you can go to the top of and see the city so we walked up the 34 ramps and 15 stairs. Wheeeeew! It was a pretty good workout haha but well worth the hike. Saturday was a nice relaxing day. We hung out in the city for a bit, hung out at home, and then went out with a group of friends for some yummy Spanish desert! Again, it was great to strengthen some relationships within the group.

Sunday we got up and went to church. It was of course in Spanish and 2 hours long which made it hard to pay attention the whole time. We then walked home. Currently the garbage men are on strike so there is literally trash everywhere and myyyy goodness does it smell! No one knows when the strike will be over buut hopefully it will be soon. I'm not 100% sure what we did the rest of the day Sunday.... I know we did some homework...maybe walked around but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Monday we got up for class and then I started planning a trip for spring break with my friends. Monday was also my first Flamenco class. It was really fun and I enjoyed it. Our teacher is so so so nice and encouraging. I miss dancing so it's nice to somewhat get back into the swing of things. I'm excited to see the end result of this class. After class we continued with our Spring Break plans. The original plan was to go to Rome and then Greece, but that just didn't work out. I cam home and then studied for my first test.

Tuesday (today) I went to school and took my test. Yiiiiikes. I didn't do so well at all. If you were wondering how you could pray for me it would definitely be with my classes. When I'm at school all I want to do is go home. Not like home to Isabel's apartment but home home to that house on Cherry St. that I used to hate but can't wait get back to. After I get out of class and vent to Alyssa and hang out with friends I'm back to enjoying my time here in Spain, but gosh... during class its a big struggle. After class we came home and ate with Isabel & took a siesta! We woke up and met some friends for a snack and then shopped a little. We then met the rest of the group at school and went out for tappas. Tappas are like appetizers  We went in groups of 7 with local Spaniards. It was fun to continue to build relationships with people in the group as well as local Spaniards. Walking around the city tonight I just kept thinking how beautiful it was. I don't think that its ever going to get old or set in that I actually live here.

In the last week I found out that grandma trout will be accompanying my mom and sister to Spain at the end of February! GAH! I'm so excited for them to come!

Also I took a nap today, had 2 cokes and coffee sooo going to bed at a decent time was kinda out of the question. Also a BIG shout out to the HU men's basketball team on the win tonight! As well as the game day crew putting out a great show and keeping the leak under control!

I miss home so much but I know God's got a plan for me here. Thank you so much for your continued prays and encouraging words! I think I'm going to make it haha!

Week 2 without sweatpants in public....,

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment