Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Adventures

Hiiiiiiiiiii

Friday night we all went over to Katie's apartment (she works at the school). It might be the cutest apartment I've ever seen! It was tiny but just so cute. All of the students in program hung out there for a bit. After that Alyssa, Dani, Karleigh and I started to head for home but I got us lost and we ended up by a store that was like a Best Buy and Barnes and Noble combined. So we wandered through there a bit & then headed home for supper with Isabel- at 10:00 PM. After dinner we were exhausted and headed for our rooms for the night. I chatted with some friends from home, took NyQuil, and slept 9 beautiful hours. 

Saturday we had a photo scavenger hunt through are school. So after breakfast Alyssa and I headed there to meet up with the rest of our group and find out what we had to do. We were split up into about 5 or 6 groups and headed on our way thought the city. I was with Karli, Kelsey and Kelly. We are all somewhat mid-westerners so it was kinda cool to talk about places we all knew and where we liked to visit and things like that. Surprisingly I knew exactly where 2 of the spots were that we had to find so we headed there first. From there we went to the tourism office and they marked on a map where all the other spots were located. Four hours later... we found about 11 places out of 22 I think. It was a lot of walking but it helped that it was about 70 degrees outside. We got to see a lot of the city which was nice as well. The native Spaniards all had their winter coats and hats on and my group was walking around shedding layers and sweating haha. 

I then walked home BY MY SELF and made it with no problems at all... a major milestone for me... and ate lunch with Isabel and Alyssa. We then siesta-ed and headed back into the city to meet up with the rest of the group to find out the winners of the scavenger hunt. My team came in 3rd by 2 points! After that we headed to dinner at a place in the city. I couldn't tell you what it was called but we had tappas-which i dont know what that is either but it was soooooo good. It was grilled chicken on top of little round french fries with some sort of sauce but it was sooo yummmy. After dinner we went and had churros con chocolate. It was good but not as good as i thought it would be. A few of us then went and met up with some of the other group and headed to the Flameco Bar again and hung out for a little bit and got to know each other better. 

Saturday I also got to FaceTime with my Dad for a bit! It was so nice to be able to see him. I had honestly kinda forgot that we moved so I was surprised when he answered and the new house was behind him, not our old one.   

The plan was to get up and go to church today but Alyssa and I both decided we should sleep in after we woke up for the first time this morning. What we didn't plan on was sleeping all day... which we mostly did. Pretty safe to say we were a little tired. We had lunch with Isabel and then I worked on homework and this blog as well as FaceTimed with my mom. It was kinda hard to hear her since she was at Allyson's volleyball tournament but it was so great to see her face. Even though it was nice to see her face it still made me sad because I knew she was so far away & I miss her (I miss all my family but in case you didn't know I'm sort of a mamma's girl). It makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it now. 

Today it really set in that I'm going to be doing this for 4 months..not just a little week long adventure. Which makes me happy and sad at the same time. I learned in one of my classes last semester that adjusting to a new culture is a process & that it really depends on you to work yourself through the process and enjoy the good times and pull yourself out of the bad ones as well. 

Alyssa and I are about to go meet up with some of the group to walk around the city and maybe get some ice cream or something. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Love and Miss You All!!

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment